UPSC CMS Exam Pattern 2023: The Civil Services in the country are staffed by officers recruited by the government agency known as the Union Public Service Commission (UPSC). One of the examinations conducted by UPSC is the Combined Medical Services (CMS) Examination, which selects qualified medical graduates to serve in various Central Government Organizations and Services.
Applicants will be selected based on their performance in a written exam and a personality assessment. The exam will consist of two papers, each lasting two hours, with a total score of 500 marks (250 marks per paper). To get ready for the UPSC CMS assessment in 2023, go over the UPSC CMS syllabus.
UPSC CMS Exam Pattern – Overview
|Combined Medical Service
|Union Public Service Commission
|Number of papers
|2 Papers ( 250 marks, each paper)
|Number of questions
|240 ( 120 questions in each piece)
|Types of question
|Duration of exam
|4 Hours ( 2 hours for each paper)
UPSC CMS Exam Pattern 2023
UPSC CMS Exam pattern to help candidates comprehend the exam’s marking system, duration, and novel trends.
- Applicants for CMS will undergo a two-step process consisting of a written examination, a personality assessment with medical verification, and document verification.
- The test is comprised of two segments: papers1 and 2.papers 1 covers the topics of general medicine and pediatrics, while section 2 focuses on surgery and gynecology.
- The exam is worth a total of 500 points, with each individual test being worth 250 points.
- Both exams will last for 2 hours, making the total examination time 4 hours.
- If a question is answered incorrectly, a deduction of one-third of the assigned marks is applied as a penalty.
- A maximum of 100 marks will be awarded for either the personality test or interview.
Listed down below are the specific particulars regarding Paper 1 and Paper 2:
|Number of questions
|Number of questions
|Gynaecology/स्त्री रोग & Obstetrics
|Preventive & Social Medicine
Note:Both Paper 1 and Paper 2 are of MBBS standard, with the examination only being available in the English language. Both exams are computer-based and feature multiple-choice questions, with each question having four alternatives to choose from. For incorrect answers, a negative marking system is in place that deducts one-third of the marks that were allotted to that particular question.
Those who pass the Computer Based Examination are permitted to take part in the Personality Test.
- The Personality Test, assigned by the UPSC Officials, has a total of 100 marks and takes the form of an interview.
- The interview/personality test acts as an additional measure to the computer-based exam to evaluate a candidate’s academic knowledge and area of expertise.
- The examination administered by the authority evaluates a potential leader’s qualifications in terms of leadership skills, creative thinking, personal integrity, attentiveness, aptitude for teamwork, sound decision-making, and inquisitiveness.
The list of Centers for the UPSC CMS Exam 2023
|Andaman and Nicobar Islands
|Jammu and Kashmir
FAQ’s Related to UPSC CMS Exam Pattern 2023
Is there a place where I can find a comprehensive UPSC CMS syllabus?
The detailed syllabus for UPSC CMS can be conveniently accessed on the commission’s official website.
Part-I of the 2023 UPSC CMS examination consists of how many subjects?
Paper 1 comprises of two fields, General Medicine and Pediatrics, with the former carrying 96 points and the latter carrying 24 points.
Does UPSC CMS 2023 Stage-I involve any penalty for wrong answers?
When an incorrect answer is provided for a question, a penalty of one-third of the designated marks for that question is inflicted.
Where can one find information about the exam pattern for UPSC CMS 2023 from an authoritative source?
To familiarize yourself with the UPSC CMS 2023 exam pattern, visit the government’s authorized website.
Does the UPSC CMS examination rely on multiple-choice questions?
The UPSC CMS exam will consist solely of multiple-choice questions.
Thank You for Visiting CivilSewa!